The Nokia E71, Nokia E66 and Nokia E63 get a triple whammy this morning as each device has been given the same firmware v410.21.010 update, so no matter which version of the QWERTY messenger you own you’ll find new functions on-board, such as Nokia Messaging Instant Messaging and Mail for Exchange 3.0.50. Read on to find out what else the Nokia E71, Nokia E66 and Nokia E63 Firmware v410.21.010 update has to offer…
The Nokia E71, Nokia E66 and Nokia E63 firmware v410.21.010 has started to roll out and even has a changelog detailing what the new firmware update has to offer. Along with a number of software stability solutions, you’ll also find that the keyboard has been updated, so responds smoother. However, the big news seems to be around Instant Messaging, as not only have response times been dratically improved, the way it installs into system memory rather than memory card should help see a performance boost.
This is the first major update for all three devices since Ovi Maps 3.03 was made available back at the start of April.
As the guys over at zomgitscj point out, the Nokia E71, Nokia E66 and Nokia E63 smartphones lack UDP, so you’ll need to backup your device before starting to carry out this update, otherwise all your data will be wiped as part of the process.
Wondering what the Nokia E71, Nokia E66 and Nokia E63 firmware v410.21.010 update has to offer? Well, check out the changelog and see for yourself:
Nokia E71, Nokia E66 and Nokia E63 Firmware Update v410.21.010 Changelog:
Following baselines/functionalities have been upgraded.
• Nokia Messaging IM2.0.19
• Gimlet v126.96.36.199
• Mail for Exchange 3.0.50
CHANGES AND IMPROVEMENTS:
• Many functionality and Stability improvements in MfE. MFE3.0 has new features like HTML and Subfolders support.
• IM2.0.19 has many localization error corrections. IM installation has been moved to Phone Memory instead of Memory Card. IM response time has improved (Ex: entry/exit/edit/save options)
• Phone activation baseline upgraded
• Stability and functionality improvements
• Email and WLAN functionality improvements
• Email application freezes
• Samsung memory reboot issues
• Fix for phone reboot issue when contact has Internet telephony detail
• Fix for Chinese characters in Lunar calendar
• Fix for Western Sahara country legal issue
• Improvement in Connection establishment with slow gprs
• Fix for WLANsniffer scanning enabled in the background when it should be disabled
• Fix for contact search with space
• Mail for Exchange upgraded from 2.9.176 to 3.0.50
• Gimlet updated to v188.8.131.52
• Many functionality and stability improvements in MfE
• Fix for Gmail folder issue in UK and Germany for Gmail/GoogleMail configuration
• Fix for email application freeze
• Usability improvements
• Fix for Backslash character for Portugese language
• Fix for missing characters in French/Italian languages
• Improvement in sending SMS when memory is full
• Nokia IM chat response time improved. Lot of localization errors fixed
It’s worth remembering that firmware updates roll our around the world not by region but my build code, so while your neighbour may get his/her Nokia E71, Nokia E66 and Nokia E63 firmware v410.21.010 update, you may need to wait a little longer. Branded devices also tend to have to wait until the network carrier supplies an update, which may take even longer.
Got the Nokia E71, Nokia E66 and Nokia E63 firmware v410.21.010 update and noticed anything different? Let us know in the Comments below.