We talked for a few days like today, pointing to the good day for the launch of BES Express, the new and free BlackBerry software for Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Windows Small Business Server, which enables companies to provide wireless access to corporate email service without compromising the safety or handling, no waiting uleteriore and punctual as a clock here he arrive in this dreary morning Barcelona.
The new BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express will be provided free of charge to provide two key business opportunities. The first, the software provides economic benefits to small and medium enterprises (SMEs) that wish to have the same security and manageability offered by the BlackBerry ® Enterprise Server, but do not require all of its advanced features. The second, given that more and more consumers are buying smartphones BlackBerry, free software BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express provides an affordable solution that allows IT departments to meet the growing demand by workers to be able to use your BlackBerry smartphone with l ' email work.
The BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express works with Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2007 and 2003 and Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2008 and 2003 to provide users access to email, calendar, contacts, notes and activities as well as other business applications and systems in the enterprise firewall, wireless safe, based on technology push. Most importantly, the new server software uses the same robust security architecture typical of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
"Announce today a new and incredible deals that will further expand the market opportunities of the BlackBerry platform, "said Mike Lazaridis, President and Co-CEO at Research In Motion. "In a market where smartphones are becoming ubiquitous, the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express raised significantly the value of the bid by providing an inexpensive solution that enables companies of all sizes to support the same degree of connectivity of large companies for all employees, without compromising on security and manageability. "
With the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express connected to Microsoft Exchange or Microsoft Windows Small Business Server, the BlackBerry smartphone owners will be able to:
- Synchronize their email, calendar, contacts, notes and tasks wirelessly
- Manage folders and email messages on the server to search remotely
- Schedule meetings and appointments, check and forward the attachments calendar
- Set notifications of out-of-office
- Edit files in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files with Documents To Go ®
- Have access to files on the corporate network
- Use mobile applications to access business systems under firewall
For IT administrators, the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express offers the ability to:
- Working on your own server or on the physical or virtual Microsoft mail server. BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express is also certified for use with VMware ESX
- Manage over 35 policies and IT controls, including the ability to remotely erase data from a smartphone or set and reset the passwords
- Working with a web-based interface that allows remote administration and makes it easy to install software, connect the BlackBerry smartphone and apply usage policies
The use of the BlackBerry ® Enterprise Server v5 is still the recommended solution in those contexts where we need more security policies, monitoring functions, or high availability. In addition, the BlackBerry Enterprise Server is still necessary to use some enterprise solutions such as BlackBerry ® Mobile Voice System (BlackBerry smartphone to take on the desktop phone functionality), BlackBerry ® Clients for Microsoft ® Office Communications Server and IBM ® Lotus ® Sametime ® (for corporate instant messaging), IBM Lotus Connections (social networking for business), IBM Lotus Quickr ™ (per common share and use documents), and Chalk Pushcast ® Software (for podcasting company ).