Vopium joins the iPhone VoIP app club

Last night, reader Jim Rob Jones emailed to express his displeasure over my switch to the BlackBerry, calling us “irrelevant” because I am not carrying an iPhone. Well, Jim, since I’m not willing to put up with the poor 3G connections from AT&T, I carry an iPod Touch, which does pretty much the same job and allows me to write about iPhone Platform apps. Of course, it does prevent me from yelling at my iPhone, but my doctor thinks that is a good thing. With Wi-Fi and a growing number of VoIP apps such as Skype, Nimbuzz and Truphone, I can also use it to make outbound calls. Today Vopium,a low-cost VoIP service provider, jumped in the fray and released an iPhone app.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiLMcuD2EtnIpGquc4hwfaXmpAbg8tpyEaYIGLSfOk4njqZk-Gk_5CqcR1AJmd2KZ26dzPp0RaYRLih_FsxzuJL4dZ-qfSDq5APrsgrxeJCQCMwX8sXRTZOQv1Ypdto7xusMcZSJVOLZU6I/s200/logo_tagline.png

The company will add iPod Touch support for its service in a couple of weeks. I will check it out then. Meanwhile, if you have an iPhone, you can sign up for their service today, and get 30 minutes of free calls and 30 text messages (SMS). Vopium also works on other handsets, such as BlackBerry and Symbian-based phones.

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Lady Gaga, Salman Khan